SOLAR MAKES CENTS – Install a solar system today.
At Finese, we believe in the power of the sun and we want everyone to understand how it works, so they too can benefit from the power of photovoltaic electricity.
How Solar Energy Works
Photovoltaic (PV) literally means “light” and “electric.” Photovoltaic technologies are used to generate solar electricity by using solar cells packaged in photovoltaic modules. The most important components of a PV cell are the two layers of semiconductor material. When sunlight strikes the PV cell, the solar energy excites electrons that generate an electric voltage and current. Extremely thin wires running along the top layer of the PV cell carry these electrons to an electrical circuit.
A photovoltaic module is made of an assembly of photovoltaic cells wired in series to produce a desired voltage and current. The PV Cells are encapsulated within glass and/or plastic to provide protection from the weather. Photovoltaic modules are connected together to form an array. The array is connected to an inverter which converts the Direct Current (DC) of the PV modules to Alternating Current (AC).
Finese uses many types of solar panels (solar modules). We are unique in that we are “technology neutral.” In other words, we do not manufacture any photovoltaic technologies, we simply select the technologies that provide the most reliability and value, and then we customize our systems to meet our customers’ financial, power production and facility needs. Please call or email us for one of our sales staff to help you find the wright solution for your home.
Solar energy advantages that benefit everyone and everything.
The benefits of commercial-scale solar energy extend far beyond fiscal savings. Solar benefits the world economically, environmentally and socially. Here's how:
Economic Solar Energy Advantages
- Can be permitted and installed faster.
- Has a predictable energy curve and is most efficient when utility rates are high.
- Produces local, on-site energy, which reduces the need for extensive high-voltage transmission lines or a complex infrastructures.
- Reliable over the long term. With no moving parts, fixed photovoltaic systems last longer than other energy sources.
- Predictable pricing that is equal to or below retail energy rates.
Environmental Solar Energy Advantages
- Clean, quiet and visually unobtrusive in nature. Solar energy plants do not have any polluting emissions, do not make any sound, and are not considered to be an "eyesore."
- Uses little to no water in the production of zero-emission electricity.
- Can be placed in virtually every geographical region because the sun is available everywhere.
- Offsets the need for polluting, expensive and inefficient "peaker" power plants.
Social Solar Energy Advantages
- Creates clean, renewable energy that will sustain and support the health of future generations.
- Is a distributed generation ("DG") energy source that can mitigate national security concerns about energy disruption.
- Supports national energy independence because solar electricity is used where it is generated.
- Creates good, local jobs for the new energy economy. In fact, solar energy creates more jobs per megawatt hour than any other energy type.